We, hardedgeuk.com ", "we", "us" or "our"), want to give you the best online experience possible. You are important to us and we want to provide you with a safe and secure online experience. We also want to give you a clear indication about what information we collect about you and how we use it. This privacy notice applies to the website hardedgeuk.com
1) Types of information we may hold about you
- Information you've provided to us, including on our websites.
- Information about our content, products and services you've ordered or enquired about.
- Information we collect via cookies.
- IP address, identification number, online identifier, browser information, location data and other similar identifying information required for your devices to communicate with websites and applications on the internet.
Please note we do not store or hold any customer credit/debit card details on any of our servers at any time. We use online bank secure servers provided by Paypal For more information please see Section 5.
2) How we use information
The information you provide to us allows us to create an account for you through the "My Account" service, process your order, personalise our product offering and improve your shopping experience. We aim to make your use of our services more convenient and efficient. In addition, we may use the information you provide to:
- Confirm your orders and communicate to you about account information or customer service needs;
- Adapt the content and layout of our websites to your needs and to ensure you do not have to enter information more than once;
- Notify you about new products and services, special offerings and other promotions;
- Gather information on how our website and services are used to best adapt our products and services to meet your needs;
- Coordinate contests, promotions, surveys, or other features of our service to improve our business and service functionality.
3) Information that we share
Please note we do not share your information with third parties unless one of the following applies:
- With your consent.
- For the purpose of operating our business, we may transfer information to our third-party service providers who use that information only to perform their services. We work with them to respect and protect your personal information.
- For legal reasons, for example, to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. Disclosure will be made to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
4) Your Preferences
If you wish to adjust what information we use or how we use it, you can amend your preferences by logging into your account via the "Login" link at the top of any page or by contacting us on +44 330 123 1918. Alternatively, you can click on the "unsubscribe" link in any of our emails.
5) How we keep your information secure
We have a committed security policy and we implement a number of sophisticated security measures to ensure the safety of any personal information provided. The information is contained on a secure server, which is accessible only by a limited number of employees who have authorised access rights to such information.
All sensitive credit/debit card information supplied by any visitor to our site is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL is commonly used for managing the security of message transmission on the internet through public and private key encryption and a digital certificate that establishes credentials when doing internet business or other online transactions. This certificate is issued by a certification authority, in our case COMODO. To view the certificate please click the green certificate in your browsers address bar.
6) Our Policy for Children
We realise and understand that many children will visit our website or access our services, but we encourage all persons under 18 to consult with their parents or legal guardian before submitting any information to this website. We will ask for confirmation that a customer is over the age of 18 and a child below the age of 18 will not be permitted to submit personal information through our site. However, whilst we endeavour to use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure children under the age of 18 do not register for our services it is ultimately the responsibility of parents/legal guardians to supervise their children's online activity.
7) Retention Periods
8) Controlling cookies
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. Two types of cookies are used on this website:
8.1) Session Cookies:
8.2) Persistent Cookies
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
- Within registration to allow you to access stored information
- To apply discounts dependent on your point of entry into the site.
- To allow you to maintain a shopping basket.
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content to match your preferences.
This also prevents you from having to 'Log In' every visit. The cookie cannot be read by a website other than the one that sent the cookie.
9) Contact us
If you wish to speak to us about your data or to make a complaint please contact our Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org